Lost weblog, entry 2



This is a continuation of the previous entry. It leads up to this week's episode. (these journal entries are part episode recap and part fanfiction.)


Day 41/42

The hatch certainly is dark. And deep.
I shined my flashlight into it and all I could see was shadows. The cable Locke used is still there by the edge.
I'm dying to know what's down there. Maybe I should.....No that would be ridiculous. Or would it? Opportunity only knocks once. Will I be sorry if I don't do it?
I've made up my mind. I'm going to do it. For once in my life I'm going to do something adventurous, not just write about it. This is certainly more interesting than any of the excursions on the Australia/New Zealand tour I took.
There. I tied the cable around the trunk of a nearby tree. It seems secure. I'll wrap these scarves around my hands to protect them.
I tossed the end of the cable into the hatch..it's long enough. Good.
At least the hatch isn't bottomless. I still can't see much down there though.
My pack is secure and I'm as ready as I'm going to be. Goddess protect me. (and let the cable hold)
Here goes.
I hope I can do this...I always hated rope climbing in gym class.
I made it...in one piece thankfully. I can't see the opening anymore..it's too dark.
It's kind of creepy in here. At least there wasn't something (or someone) waiting at the bottom to grab me. I just shined my light around. Couldn't see much. It looks kind of like a bunker or a bomb shelter. The "room" I'm in looks pretty big. I wonder how far it extends. I don't see Kate or Jack or Locke. I don't see anyone else either. That's a relief. I'm taking a look around now.
There is a spotlight or some kind of big light mounted on one wall- that must have been the source of the light that shot out of the hatch. The walls near it are bare. I hear water dripping. I wonder where it's coming from...I didn't think the hatch was that far underground. There are certainly a lot of pipes coming out of the opposite wall; and some kind of circuit breaker or fuse box. Where is that water coming from?
The floor is dry. There is a pair of tan hiking shoes near one wall. They look kind of like the ones Locke was wearing. If they are his, I wonder why he took them off. (or did someone or something take them off him)
This is interesting; there's a mural painted on one wall..faces and numbers. Wha does it mean? Below it sits what looks to be either an altar of some kind or a grouping of different sized bottles. What's up with that? There are also some dusty, cobwebby canisters near one of the walls. They look kind of like paint cans.
There is another room here. I think I heard something. Maybe this wasn't the best idea after all.
I'm here and there's no turning back now. I'll just peek around here. I'm turning my flashlight off , just in case.
My eyes are adjusting to the dark, finally.
Wow! It's a pretty big room. The ceiling is made up of triangular panels set in a diamond pattern. It reminds me of the inside of a geodesic dome. There is a lot of computer and surveillance equipment in there.
I see Jack. He's looking around too. He has a gun. (smart of him. All I have to defend myself with is the flashlight) "I wouldn't if I were you..." I hear Locke's voice. It's so dark I can't see him.
I can barely make out...Ohmigod! there's someone else there and he's holding Locke at gunpoint. I don't see Kate anywhere. I'm glad they can't see me from here.
Jack seems to recognize the other man. I wonder where he came from. I don't think he was on the plane.
I'm in my hiding place as snugly as I can be. I'm afraid to move....I can't imagine what is going to happen.
This might not have been the best idea...

Comments

Popular Posts