A Journal

This journal is designed to be a companion piece to my fanfic "To err is human". If you haven't read it you can do so here
This is written from Desmond's point of view and gives his thoughts and feelings on the events that happen in the story. It also deals with a few events that either weren't mentioned or were just touched on briefly. I am also including some of my original poetry, as if Desmond wrote it.
Note: all Lost characters are the property of ABC and J.J. Abrams. This is only written for fun, and no copyright infringement is intended.
Enjoy.

From the pocket journal of Desmond Macpherson

October ____, 2001
(I've kind of lost track of the days since the crash)
Where should I begin?
I am now in some kind of underground bunker or research station. I'm not completely sure how I got here, or where here is exactly. Everything after the Icarus crashed is kind of fuzzy.The only other person here, and the one who brought me to this place is a man named Kelvin. He looks to be about my age, and he's a Scot too. What were the chances of that? All things considered this doesn't seem like that bad of a place. I do hope we get rescued soon. Kelvin has quite the varied library here. I like that. You can tell a lot about a person by looking at their bookshelf. My father would have a few things to say about that. He believes a man has better things to spend his time doing than reading. The only thing I ever saw him reading was business journals. Enough about him.
One thing has been bothering me since I woke up here. What is that in those syringes that Kelvin injects himself with? That he injected me with?I like to know what is being put in my body. I don't buy his claim that it's just a vitamin supplement. I don't buy it at all. I'm glad I found this notebook. it's very relaxing and freeing to write. I haven't done any writing for the longest time.
Crash into me
Tossed on the waves
I cling to life
hope
I know not where I am
nor what will happen
was I led to this?
Is it destiny?
water cleanses
washes away my shame
I can survive
I am strong
determined
the light beckons
I embrace it
no rest
not my time yet
there is work yet to be done
peace is what I wish for
let me fly
let me rest
let me crash upon your shore.
I haven't written a poem for...it has to be twenty years. Wow.
I know what my father would say, but I don't care. I'd better go now. It's my turn at the computer.
I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this whole saving the world thing.
Strange, yeah?

Comments

Popular Posts