A Journal, entry 2



Entry 2
October_____, 2001

I'm still getting used to this place. Kelvin showed me the orientation film for this "station"- that's what they called it anyway. The scientist in the film looked very familiar. At first I couldn't place him. Then it hit me. He was with my orthopedist, Dr. Talbot at the hospital the day before my experimental treatments started. Small world, yeah? were those treatments part of the Dharma project?
There were parts missing from the film- not surprising seeing as it is over twenty years old. Nothing important, I hope. frankly, that film raised more questions than it answered.
I'm sleeping in the top bunk bed here. That takes some getting used to. Ever since I can remember I've hated top bunks. I have this irrational fear that I'll fall out of bed. I think that comes from when I was little and shared bunk beds with my younger brother, Ian. I was on top, and I did fall out one night. I was having a nightmare, I think. Thank God I wasn't badly hurt. I did hit my head on the toy box and got a nice cut. It sure bled a whole lot. Scared the heck out of Ian. He thought I had cracked my head open.
I'm glad Kelvin and I sleep at different times. He grinds his teeth and talks in his sleep. He says I snore. That's bollocks. I have never snored in my life. I wish I'd stop having these strange dreams. Every night Every night I dream that I'm waking up on the beach after the Icarus crashed. I see someone coming toward me...it's my father, not Kelvin. He berates me as usual, and before I can respond or fight back I wake up. I've been trying to figure out what it all means. I know I have issues. I just didn't realize they were so deep seated.
I don't know if anyone could be as perfect as he wants.
I asked Kelvin how he came to find me on the beach. He showed me something very interesting. There are cameras hidden in different places on the island. I remember seeing some kind of metallic glint in one of the trees we passed on the way here. That must have been one of them, or else I was seeing things. I was pretty out of it then. I wonder who is collecting the data? Is anyone even monitoring them? I watched the orientation film again. I gather from the fact that this is station 3 that there are at least several others. I wonder if anyone is manning them? And what happened to Dr. Candle's arm? As I remember, he had use of both arms the time I met him.
It just gets curiouser and curiouser.

Comments

Popular Posts