Lost journal, entry 6



Day 46
The former occupant of the hatch, Desmond left a few hours ago. Since then, Locke, Kate, and Hurley have been taking turns entering the code. It's Hurley's turn now. He doesn't seem too happy about it. He fell asleep at the computer a few minutes ago. Kate just Came and awakened him. It's almost time for him to enter the code. He did it and the timer reset.
Hurley left the hatch for a while. (Locke left several hours ago)
I wonder what would happen if the code wasn't entered?
Hurley just came back with Rose. I like her..she's always so optimistic. I hope her husband really is alive.
She seemed a amazed by this place as I was. Jack kind of chastized Hurley for bringing anyone else here..I guess he doesn't want the rest of us to know about this place yet.
He put Hurley in charge of invevtorying the pantry and storeroom and deciding how to divide stuff up. I don't envy that task. I peeked in the storeroom and it looks like there is enough food for one or two people to last a couple months, but not forty plus people. This could get ugly.
More accurately, it's getting ugly. I snuck out of the hatch for a bit and I overheard Locke telling Charlie about the hatch. He in turn asked Hurley about it. They got to discussing the food and an argument almost started when Hurley said he couldn't give Charlie any of it yet.
I went back to the hatch. Kate was trying out the shower. Jack and Sayid were exploring an area sealed in concrete.
Oh, there was another development I should mention...Claire found the bottle with our messages that had been taken on the raft. I wonder what that means? Did something happen to the group on the raft? I hope my dreams weren't premonitions. Claire ans Shannon gave the bottle to Sun.
Back in the hatch, Hurley is still having problems dividing up the food. He doesn't even want the job. Frankly, I don't blame him. Locke talked to him and basically told him "you don't have to like it, you just have to do it". Locke, himself is busy recruiting people to take shifts in the hatch.
Hurley went back to the pantry...Ohmigod! He's placing dynamite around the room. I think he's going to blow it up. That's one way to solve the problem. Rose doesn't like Hurley's idea at all. She's trying to talk him out of it. I think it's working.
That's a relief..he's not going to do it. I think he finally figured out how to divide things. He gave peanut butter to Charlie and Claire. Everyone else seemed happy with what they got too.
It's really nice to have something besides fruit, fish, and boar to eat.
Everyone seems peaceful for once.
What a day!

Comments

Popular Posts